View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Purcell View Post
Yes, I was only showing him to illustrate the third pattern cap (“for wear in the field”), he’s not a QM. He is an officer though so the grenade is likely small, bullion wire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman View Post
There is no God, Jesus or Christ, and certainly no proof nor will there be.
I thought only the Commanding Officer, Adjutant and Senior Major were the only one's to wear the frock coat ?!
I have been to the Museum many times and have asked many questions, no answer has justified these badges being worn by the Quartermaster.
However I'm all for keeping an open mind, its just when someone says " yes it's a so and so " but with no evidence. That in this game is just so wrong. I'm all for learning though. So back to the badge at the beginning of this thread, who wears it ?
Andy
Enclosed are images of Scots Guards quartermasters, one in undress 1890, the other in full dress review order, less headdress, in 1860. Both images are from published periodicals at the time. The frock-coat was worn by all officers Andy, I did mention to you before about not being hidebound by the era of your own service.
I’m not talking about going to the museum and asking questions, but examining archives yourself. You know yourself that not all museum curators and archivists are especially knowledgeable in every subject, and insignia is not everyone’s interest in the way it is for us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 66324CEA-9C18-432E-A3AB-B716E88A6272.jpeg (16.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpeg 339A7445-1FDF-4CBE-A77A-E5296FDC010D.jpeg (63.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Toby Purcell; 06-07-19 at 11:42 AM.