View Single Post
Old 19-10-21, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
General interest- when did Battledress go out for the ACF and when did woolly pullys with epaulettes come into use? ATC had a button hole on the blue grey brassard but never used and hidden by squadron number badge- Issue RAF WP had epaulettes from first issue around '78/'79. Regards, Paul.
I joined the ACF as a cadet in late 1973 and was issued with Battledress (complete with webbing gaiters and 37 pattern webbing belt). I actually wore BD for the last time in February 1974. In early 1974 we were issued with Lightweight Trousers, green nylon "working belts" and brassards. The jumper that was issued at that time was the V neck lightweight jumper. The epaulettes were threaded through slots in the shoulder patches. Initial issues of the Jersey Heavy Wool didn't have epaulettes on them. If I remember correctly, first issues of Jumpers with epaulettes were around 1980 (ish). The buttonhole on ACF green brassards was used up until CS95 shirts were phased out with cadets being required to sew a button on to the right shoulder of the CS95 shirt and smock to enable them to secure the brassard.
Hope that helps

Paul