View Single Post
Old 08-10-15, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robthereiver View Post
Hi all

Nice idea perhaps, but I have my doubts about this, not because I have no interest in the subject but I think it may complicate threads on the forum in general.

Headdress is a subject that is often raised in various sections already, Cavalry, infantry etc. when the relevant cap badges are under discussion, and it works well as far as I can see.

Also if you are intent on going ahead with a specific section for headdress, why stop there? do the whole thing, lets have a uniform section as there is far more insignia on a uniform, but again the same applies, the subject of uniforms is raised in the relevant sections, as and when, and works well.

Just my opinion sorry to 'rain on your parade'.

Cheers
Rob
Hi Rob
Thanks for your input , You may be right the forum could do with a uniform section as well at the end of the day its about making the forum a better , easier place to navigate through the forums enaberling the members to find out about what they have in there collections and the history behind the items that they own , with this in mind there is not that many of us that can look at a picture from 1910-1950 and know when the picture was taken placing it with in a 2 year time span as it boils down to knowledge the more knowledge that is made avalible in this hobby / passion that we have is crucial for the future genorations yet to come the amount of information that has been lost regarding badges from WWII is quite sad and yet we are still losing this information on a daily basis as that generation sadly leaves our presence with out us raising the questions when was this worn? be it badge, cap , tunic etc
Steve

MINE
The answers are out there its a mater of doing the detective work to get them !