View Single Post
Old 15-03-08, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Blakeman View Post
Which if going by the other threads could quite easily be a fake, after all there's a missing void too.
No Keith that ones real alright I'm sure, I wouldn't let this FN business start a panic. Looking at the general condition of that badge its spot on great age and patina to the white metal as well as the slider, in my opinion a makers mark should never make you believe in a badge just because its present, my thinking has and always will be if the badge sits right and a makers name is there then thats nice but not defiinitive proof of authenticity.

My gripe with that FN KRRC was that I don't like the toning of it or the slider, and as the Welsh boys pointed out the die was wrong for the Welsh badge... to be honest I though it looked a bit too shiney on the back personally.

Notice also the FN mark on this RIR is dead straight and clear, on the Welsh its was on the piss and the KRRC was a very weak impression of the mark... reckon there may be something in that, the quality, position/orientation of the mark?

Cheers,

Luke

Last edited by Luke H; 15-03-08 at 10:58 PM.