View Single Post
Old 06-08-19, 08:02 PM

In C Company which I am part of we have Trowbridge, Melksham, Westbury, Warminster, Tisbury and Lavington. As I think you have already identified all are badged to the Rifles apart from Westbury (RTR) and Lavington RA. Quite how Westbury got permission to rebadge to RTR remains a bit of a mystery but thats another question again. We are always told that for a Detachmement to rebadge permission is required from the existing badge holder (Corps/Regiment). Hence in Wiltshire it very rarely happens and I can only think of Westbury in my 10 years as an example.

Our RWY badged Units who I believe all now have the new badge were new detachments hence permission was not required.

Our current Commandant who is leaving in a few weeks time after about 8 years insists on only reguation rank slides etc being worn. Our old Rifle Green backed Wiltshire Rank Slides were binned soon after he arrived as were the back badges which some adults were still wearing. They burnt two bins liners full of old rank slides recently before I had the oportunity to save any. A lot of other stuff was burnt / binned recently including war-time kit. It could have been sold to raise money for the County but the staff don't know the value oif the items.

I am still looking for any pictures of Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry badged Cadet Detachments. Trowbridge was badge to RWY for about 10 years and I assume the cadets wore Red on Yellow ACF cloth titles and metal RWY Titles but I have no evidence.