View Single Post
Old 31-07-21, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
Luke,

Just follow the forum rules. If do that you don't put the forum at risk. More importantly, you don't put Mike at risk. There is an easy way to point out to forum members when a badge is not genuine and I'm sure I don't need to tell you how to do that. There is no need to mention names. You can achieve your objective quite easily - but you seem to be creating issues which others may at some future date need to resolve.

Dave.
Dave,

I’ve never had any intention of putting the forum or Mike at any risk and am sorry for any grief I’ve caused him, which I have said to him previously in private.

Point being, even if a link is posted saying ‘this is not a good badge’, a seller can still claim the post and forum had negatively affected their business and threaten defamation, libel etc. That’s a fact.

Even if a name is not mentioned in a thread it’s there in black and white (or green in this case) on the linked site so the inference remains.

The ‘issue’ I would suggest is the sale of fake badges as original, which as you know goes beyond civil law into criminal if done knowingly. Now I’m not suggesting that is the case here.

I don’t see how I’m the bad guy for use of the phrase ‘not the most reliable’. I did not chime in on your observations of Police Memorabilia Collectors Club in the recent Belfast Harbour Police thread which were tantamount if not a little stronger than my own turn of phrase here. Indeed I much respect your input.

Sadly ‘saying it like it is’ seems to fast be becoming a thing of the past and the winners will not be collectors.

Luke

P.S. I look forward to seeing your input re naming on the ‘Nigel Flitter new eBay account, buyer beware’ thread which is currently active.