View Single Post
Old 16-06-21, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
Thanks RO and Mike B,

I knew about the Cheshire Yeomanry converting to R C of S in WW2 in fact a Manchester based collector long passed was in the Yeomanry in WW2 and was issued with a Cheshire imperial Yeomanry cap badge, can’t remember his name but he did write about the badge in an edition of Crown Imperial.

Mike didn’t know about the Yeomanry Museum, I presume all the contents now in The Castle Museum. Many years ago the Yeomanry had a temporary exhibition of all their silver etc displayed at Tabley Hall and incredibly impressive it was. ( must have a catch up very soon)

Peter
If I recall correctly, the Caretaker of the Museum, still living on site at the time, was a 'Mr' York who dad knew. He opened the impressive building which is now the centre-piece of the housing development there. You are right, it was absolutely decades ago - the Cheshire Military Museum now has most of the pieces I would imagine. Goodness knows how many tens of stones of silver there must have been - but we only have to recall the Cheshire Gentry who passed through the Cheshire Yeomanry ... a meet up would be great! best wishes from us to you both.