Thread: Beds
View Single Post
Old 10-08-13, 08:09 AM
Former Member

David,
May I please start this reply by offering my condolences on the loss of your brother! It was not my intention to "bad mouth" anyone and I personally don't feel I have. I do not have any evidence to place on the table, other than the Beds badge in question is one I have seen many examples of all of which are in my opinion reproduction and certainly not 1916 all Gm issued badges.

May I also add that I have no doubts over the integrity of David as an individual or as a dealer, neither is there any intention on my part to initiate a "witch hunt"!

My only intention from the start was to indicate that the badge in question is more than likely a reproduction, a view I stick by 100%! Whilst others may want to make a mountain out of a mole hill here, that is not what I started out to do, I may be wrong here but what is the difference between pointing out a dubious badge listed on eBay to doing the same to one on the lists of a well respected dealer? It is not the individual being put under the spotlight just the item listed for sale regardless to whether it is £15 or £150!

I wish to make a full an open apology to David for any offence which may have been caused but it is the badge I have issues with and not the person selling it! If others cannot understand this sentiment then again I am sorry, but I am not one to sit on the fence, sellers and dealers do make mistakes and I am always grateful to those who point out when I list something incorrectly!

Best regards

Andy