View Single Post
Old 02-12-22, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
My interest is Rifle Regiment badges from approx 1952 onwards . It has expanded a bit beyond there but not far. There are images on my album pages. They do need to be brought up to date though.
My friend Les Martin had some very fine helmets in his shop until recently. Shop closed down,items in storage. There may have been an Officers Staffordshire Yeomanry helmet. Paul Spellman will confirm or deny .
Hello Mike,

What an interesting field of collecting... in my limited knowledge of Rifle Brigade badges what I do appreciate that they are perhaps one of the most ornate, intricate and attractive badges with its Maltese cross and the wreath bound with battle honors, worn by any regiment in the British Army. I will make it a point to view your album.

I was so disappointed to see Les Martins shop close, having only visited it in its on-line form, I would have loved to have visited it in person! I did have my eye on several items he displayed on-line. I would be extremely interested to know if Mr. Martin does indeed have a Queen's Own Royal (Staffordshire) Yeomanry officer's helmet and of course if it is for sale! Is Paul Spellman a member on the Forum, I would like to reach out to him or perhaps if you can!

Best regards,

David