View Single Post
Old 26-04-20, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Hello David. Your badge looks similar to one I have- post 26 in this thread. https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...yclists&page=2
Mine seems to lack a line under the 'o' in Co, but the 'o' is high. Regards, Paul.
The Lambourne made Welsh Regt badge is very distinctive and examples scarce whether BM or blackened. Clearly they’ve never been ‘restruck’ from the original die so no doubt yours is genuine Paul as it doesn’t appear to be a lost wax casting. As to the missing underscore it wouldn’t worry me in the slightest given the above. I would bet good money that it’s actually there and just difficult to see because it’s not the clearest of impressions on a blacked badge which will have filled it in ever so slightly or it was just not the best stamping and didn’t come out.

On a slightly different note but hopefully still relevant to the thread. The POW plumes on the suspect Welsh Cyclist badges are from the same die as this, the most commonly seen GM Cheshire Yeomanry badge. Also it may be my eyes but the slider has a similar appearance too.

Now a Cheshire Yeo badge from the same die as the one pictured is shown in Wilkinson’s 1st (1969) edition which to date I’m yet to find a badge within it that’s fake.

Last edited by Luke H; 26-04-20 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Added 2 extra pictures