View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 11:17 PM

Default Reversed Colour SAS Collars

I'd agree with Marc on that.

There are certainly examples of reversed colour collars with the flames and motto in silver and Excalibur in gold.

I have attached images of a pair of these that I have been told were worn by 21 SAS at the Golden Jubilee of the TA in 1958. No additional verification of that but it's an interesting suggestion to research further. They are of two piece riveted construction, with copper lugs, similar to the more conventional colour collars.

I have also attached an image of a single cast example. Possibly silver, although not marked, with Excalibur picked out in gilt. Does anyone have any additional information please?

Just to round things off, I've also attached an image of an all white metal cap badge (with brass slider). I think the slider is a good 'un, but much less sure about the badge soldered to the front! The quality of the scroll and motto lettering is poor. It's an unusual pattern however as it's one piece construction and all white metal. The only possibility I can think of, if original, is that it was worn on the 23 SAS field service cap.

I must also post some examples of my all brass SAS cap badges to your brass badge thread, when time permits, as I have a few interesting ones...

Best regards,

Graham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP7130230.jpg (34.3 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg AP7130315.jpg (24.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg AP7220216.jpg (29.9 KB, 97 views)