View Single Post
Old 30-06-19, 04:46 PM

This sort of thing is becoming a real problem, too many wrong badges have ended up in collections that were started decades ago and you certainly are not alone.
I looked at a collection that dates back to the early 1980's the other day and I would think that over seventy five percent were rubbish, I did feel sorry for the owner, because, he genuinely seemed convinced they must be original, saying " but, I've had those for over thirty years"
Interestingly, you could break his collection into just two groups, he had some really good badges that were obviously original and showed both their age and quality, yet, the rest were just the opposite, really poor looking, with absolutely nothing, whatsoever, in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper533 View Post
Hi folks
As you probably know I started sometime ago weeding the fakes accumulated over 40 years from my collection mostly with your help.

Now is the turn of the WW1 infantry badges. I have read as much as possible the threads that relate to this topic and looked at a couple of albums, ultimately what I would like is your opinions.

I know consensus is there should only be 26 and that all should have sliders apart from the Royal Scots and therein lies my problem.

Anyway see what you think
Cheers
Sean