View Single Post
Old 27-03-23, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adric View Post
HI all, I am presently conducting research for the BHP and have discovered a number of things that may be of interest to those seeking BHP information. According to the research I have discovered four cap badges for the BHP since inception in 1824. 1 - a large eight pointed star with belt and anchor from 1825-90, 2 - belt and anchor from 1890 - 1907, 3 - eight pointed star with belt and anchor 1907 - 1940 & 4 - eight pointed star with belt and anchor from May 1940 until present, this is the badge with the crown upon it. It is an Imperial Crown. I have a copy of the actual report requesting the crown. Also if any body has any old photos of the BHP I would be very grateful to obtain a copy of same. I also have a BHP medal which was instituted in 1946 for gallantry and outstanding service. The gallantry medal has an anchor on the ribbon.
Can I ask where you have obtained this information from. In particular the info. relating to the large 8 pointed star which you date as 1825 to 1890? You say this is a cap badge...

Dave.