View Single Post
Old 14-08-17, 10:50 AM

First of all can I say that I have an excellent relationship with the Curator of the Kings Liverpool collection but there are a number of errors among the exhibits in the Liverpool Museum ( for example wrong collars on a Liverpool Scottish officers tunic, IOM volunteers shoulder title described as 7th (IOM)V.B. shoulder title ).

I think one of the main problems with Museums today is that we are now living in a touchy ,feely world and generally ( with some exceptions ) displays such as that Carnforth mentions in the IWM, which would appeal to collectors and historians are not what Museum Authorities now consider will attract younger visitors and a couple of old tin hats that kids can try on, finds much more favour than a comprehensive display of insignia to a particular Regiment.

On the news this morning there was an article about how cats eyes on our roads may have to be called something else as the perception is that cats have been harmed in some way if they continue to be called cats eyes. I am a little surprised that in this P.C. mad world, we still have Regimental Museums although at the rate they are disappearing it may not be long before they are all gone.

I am sometimes tempted to got through Terry Wise`s book "A Guide to Military Museums", my edition published in 1984, to see how many Museums in the book are still in existance.

P.B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0668.jpg (69.9 KB, 20 views)

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”