View Single Post
Old 02-07-22, 10:00 PM

I have followed for many years and won auctions with that eBay seller on a number of occasions for both military and non military pieces and always been very happy with what I have received.

The seller appears to have regular access to estate clearances that frequently turn up military groupings that often appear to be the former uniforms and accoutrements of officers from various branches and commonwealth linked countries armed forces (I failed to bid on a MKII airborne helmet that was named inside and clearly attributable to a Parachute Regiment CO who commanded his battalion in South Arabia, which you could see in chips the sand coloured layer of paint under the green repaint all over the original paint - I still kick myself about that one!).

Because of the regular supply and quality of items, that seller is popular on eBay and so their good stuff always hits high prices, which I would suggest could have also contributed to the high price of this BD.

I purchased separately two genuine WWII 1944 second pattern Denison smocks; one with a 1945 manufacture stamp and clearly an officer's given the holes in the epaulettes and the wonderful condition; the second well used, with some damage and soiling, as well as bearing genuine WWII British parachute qualification wings matching a set left with our family by our great uncle KIA during Market Garden.

That second Denison a bit like this BD was listed with information of "from the estate of an Arnhem veteran". But super annoyingly the eBay seller never provided any details of who's estate it came from despite email requests and I suspect that will be the case for the winner of this BD too if they were to enquire.

Read into that what you like about the possible marketing practises of the seller, but their items are in my individual experience have always been excellent.

Cheers......John