View Single Post
Old 13-05-08, 06:20 PM

Default Prince Rupert Regiment (MG) Collars

The authorised collar badges were published in GENERAL ORDERS when the cap badge was authorised (I have a copy of the entry which I will post later.) as smaller sizes of the cap badge. There was a photograph on the Service Publications web site (http://www.servicepub.com/prince-rupert-offr.html) that showed an officer in service dress wearing a field service cap. He is wearing First War medals, Prince Rupert cap badge(?) and the crossed machine gun collars. According to General Orders these were not the regulation collar badges, however, keep in mind that the Prince Rupert Regiment was designated RESERVE. Remember - there is what was authorised and what was actually worn. Mazeas also shows the MG/CANADA as the shoulder titles. I obtained one of these in a lot of First War Canadian Machine Gun Corps badges and I still see them occasionally...too often for me to believe that they are strictly Prince Rupert shoulders.

GO 246/June 1943
BADGES-PRINCE RUPERT REGIMENT (M.G.)
1. Badges as described hereunder are hereby authorized for the Prince Rupert Regiment (M.G.).
2. Officers:
Cap Badge
Crossed machine guns and scroll with regimental title in white metal; Maple leaf in bronze Superimposed upon a maple leaf, crossed machine guns and below a scroll inscribed “PRINCE RUPERT REGT. (M.G.)”.
Extreme height .. .. .. 1 5/8 inches
Extreme width .. .. .. 1 5/8 inches

Collar Badge

As for cap badge.
Extreme height .. .. .. 1 1/8 inches
Extreme width .. .. .. 1 1/8 inches
3. Other Ranks. Badges of the same design, dimensions and metals as for officers.
(Effective 24th May, 1943.)

As always, I invite any thoughts.

Last edited by Phillip Herring; 14-05-08 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Adding General Order.