View Single Post
Old 04-07-10, 06:30 AM

Ry
No thunder, no offense taken. I to was merely expressing my views. Simplisity is definately simple. I guess I feel that since I'm across the pond that "we" all have input, and sometimes when I look at our current logo that we're left out. It is a personal view and likely not the view of the majority. When the opportinity presented itself for this label pin I jumped on with both feet. It also caused me to likely put my foot in my mouth too. The design is still in the early stages and it is right that we all have our say in "our forum" I guess I just couldn't see how this purposed design would cause friction. Our current logo may have been what we started with or has evolved to what we have today, in my view it lacks the signs and simbols of our current diversity. The idea of a pin (crest) that is more reflective of the membership I jumped all over. Your opinion does mater to me and it to matters to all of us, that I am sure; so with that THANK YOU. I have always believed what is not broken don't fix, I guess I feel that our current logo is wanting. I sent an email to the administration asking for their input with special attention to the senior members views as well. I would be honoured to wear whatever we deside to do, however I do still lean to the one submitted for review. If you are willing to show both our existing logo and the possible one to your contacts that would be great.
War, closing the forum is my knee jerk after the last insident where tension became high. I hope that those who currently support the overal idea and further like the purposed drawing can count on you for you continued input. Maybe simple will be best, maybe the forum founders may see a possible design that they too feel the show how far we have come and embrace it. Your statement
our Logo is what defines us as a group of likeminded chaps with a passion for our hobby and to wander too far away from that in my opinion could lead to confusion and therefore nullify the whole point of the exercise

I don't see the logo in that way; I see it simply as a single sided logo. With this other design it brings to the table all of us and our goals. It shows the Commonwealth through imagery by the vary nature of the animals represent. Who can argue the beaver is not Canada; the kangaroo is Australia the kiwi New Zealand and the springbok is South Africa. More importantly lest look at the centre field, tell me how that doesn't represents the UK and more importantly the Sovereign and the starting point of where all of our badges are based from and will forever link us together.
I do not have the means to pursue the making of this pin and one voice is not a collective voice. So again please input you views. Maybe this note may have convinced and you will support this idea at the very least how all sides of the forum can be represented. Now my question to you is our current logo, does it offer an international feel? Can the member’s abroad show that the forum that we all want to protect and grow is not just UK?
Again, I am sure my thoughts are of a few members. Our forum page clearly shows Canadian influence, our classified show the other countries. Our reference to forum members that have sites that deal in selling collectables is not limited to UK. Our albums show a very wide range of countries and times.
We truly are now a Commonwealth of collectors who not only comment and introduce native badges but also collect badges from outside our county of origin. I collect CEF badge, I collect Commonwealth badges of Highland units and sister regiments. Just look at the Artillery, the Signal Corps, The rifle regiments and Highlanders you can clearly see OUR connection to our Commonwealth and a pin that can show this means our "brotherhood" is represented.
K.I.S.S. leaves the forum at status quo and I think we have grown and need to feel we of those abroad are functioning members and deserve to be incorporated.

I again say please express your opinions b/c it is only at the starting block. I know with your help and opinions to mean something to me and it isn't that they do not want to be part of this discussions

Thank you a million times over and if I have again come on strong, I hope that you will not take offence and just see the enthusiasm.

Chris