View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ticker' Riley View Post
Hi Chris

Many thanks for posting up the link to the UK Data site for what they have on this ‘other’ J.R. Gaunt & Son who only appear in 2002. It does look interesting, though I have to say I’m not sure how useful the mass of financial information you’d get from this would actually be?

Julian (KLR) and Kevin (41st) have been looking into the possibility of getting information directly from Companies’ House in Cardiff about various badge manufacturers, and it seems CH will provide copies of things on microfiche for around £9; though again I’m not sure of the exact nature of the records that would be supplied or their ultimate usefulness as far as research would be concerned. If you’re interested it might be worth sending either Julian or Kevin a PM about things.

As to the original J. R. Gaunt & Son – I called in at Firmin’s works in Newtown, Birmingham, yesterday, and have now been given the name of a gentleman to write to about the Company’s history, etc. Once I am in touch with him I will ask him about the threat of legal action they were apparently faced with back in November 2002, and as noted in the Birmingham Post’s article. Presumably it has all blown over by now, but it would be interesting to find out more if we can.

Regards

Martin
Thanks Martin,

All very interesting - yes, keep in touch. I would like to find out what this new company makes...

Regards

Chris