View Single Post
Old 15-01-08, 08:00 AM

Alan,
here is the 25th Frontiersmen ,1st pattern, back pic ,as requested, & sooner than first estimated. All available pics show the lettering varies in relation to the folds, as would be expected with the way they were supposedly made. The only other 2 examples that I have seen are exactly the same as mine, in construction. The attaching strip looks to have been made from the same sheet of metal as the scroll.The origional GG grenade is always that same style (same supplier here) also,
I have always assumed that the enameled version(so-called 3rd pattern) was for Officers & senior NCOs. But this is only my own opinion, with the available info. Having seen collars for this type as well ,this makes me lean towards this assumption also.
Another puzzle is with the 2nd pattern. Why is it always shown, in books, as bronzed (as origional pictures show Officers caps & collars to have been), but these pics also always show o/r's as wearing polished brass versions ? Have one of these ,with the appropriate space under the grenade( & a long slider), but cannot say if it is origional or not ,with any certainty here. I seem to recall you have one also ? Any more thoughts there ?

Cheers !
Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic467.JPG (74.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Pic468.JPG (77.6 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by dragonz18; 15-01-08 at 09:06 AM.