View Single Post
Old 31-01-22, 03:14 PM

Default AOS Air Observer School Civilian Cap Badge

I recently acquired a BCATP AOS Civilian cap badge and am looking for some info on it. I know that the BCATP Schools freely developed their own accoutrements and insignia for the civilian staff and instructors but I have seen very little documentation on "who" wore "what" and very few examples.

I believe this is a "basic" AOS cap badge and I am guessing it was a generic one for the multiple schools. I have previously seen a "4 AOS" cap badge but it was the only numbered one I have seen. (apologies for the washed out pictures)

Were these worn by the Civilian Instructors but only those in an authority position or they worn by all/any Civilian personnel directly involved with the training or admin cycles? All I have found related was where they were worn by EFTS staff (School Commander / Flight Commanders / Deputies / Head Shed, etc...) after they decided there would be no Civilian Flight Instructors so that they showed the wearer had an "Authority" over the military instructors & trainees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AOS Cap Badge and banner.jpg (41.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg AOS Front.jpg (45.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg AOS Rear.jpg (32.6 KB, 11 views)

Collector of a wide variety of Canadian Militaria
...........that my wife will sell at discount prices
or throw away after I am gone.............CHIMO