View Single Post
Old 25-01-16, 11:40 AM

A/A badges. As a serving member of 1/Loyals '57 t0 '59 it would appear that these were issued at Fulwood Barracks to squaddies who subsequently joined the Bn. in Malaya. On going to the training (S) company they were confiscated and destroyed by our friendly SM's who did not want such rubbish in their Regiment. All sent to QM's to purchase at 3/9d a bimetal badge we were still using stocks of the KC version with both hairpin and L sliders.
This would probably be late '58 or early '59 when badge was withdrawn and replaced by brigade badge.
I note that following the demise of the Brigade System circa 1969 the 1st Battalion reverted to wearing the regimental badge for a short period prior to amalgamation with POWV in 1970.
There were some photo's of pre amalgamation groups on the now defunct Friends Reunited website all of whom were wearing Loyals cap badges.
I was in contact with a guy who insisted he wore a KC version of an unrecognised pattern badge which he retained this badge was also depicted on FR.
A lot of collectors don't rate the BIM QC badge but I wonder.