View Single Post
Old 09-05-22, 08:01 AM

Yes, you are quite correct on both counts, the badge that this post started off about, is just a faulty reject, and I'm giving it a miss. I also must agree that collecting badges that all differ in some small way, certainly, is a different form of collecting.

As you probably know, I have 100+ RA gunbadges in a large frame, to many, this may seem to be dozens and dozens of the same badge, but, each to their own, as you have said. My plan is (hopefully) that eventually every single one of these badges will differ in some way from all the others around it.

At the moment, most of these badges are in pairs, partly for better display potential, and partly because I don't need to find quite so many, that way. The latest two badges that I've gone for, may illustrate the sort of thing that I'm constantly searching for.

Badge one, we've discussed before, maker marked, Lambourne's Birmingham, this maker mark seems to add about £2 a letter, to the price of the badge, bit silly? tell me about it. Badge two is a combination of the 1916 unvoided badge, and the 1917 strengthened badge, I do already have a pair of these, but it'll do for a spare, there aren't too many of them around. Silly, as well, I do know that, but, I'm afraid, it's whatever floats your boat !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC12779.jpg (66.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12780.jpg (56.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12781.jpg (89.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12782.jpg (117.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by thursdaychris; 10-05-22 at 03:14 PM.