View Single Post
Old 30-11-21, 10:39 AM

Hi all, thanks for the replies, interesting but maybe people have mis understood what I was asking? I'm very aware of the regulations on the wearing of the commando green beret and commando insignia, including the 3 Cdo Bde TRF, having been subject to them myself for much of my military career! My surprise was at seeing the 3 Cdo Bde TRF being worn on blue naval PCS uniform, mainly because, before PCS replaced the old No4 (previously No8) action working dress, I had never seen the patch being worn, with personnel serving with 3 Cdo Bde usually wearing DPM or olive lightweight trousers and green KF or stone shirts. The para wing (also worn on blue pcs) was as described but was not a special communicator wing as it did not have the lightening bolts on the bottom of the wing , hence the wing being unfamiliar to me? the octopus patch is still a mystery to me! I have also recently seen the blue/grey/white Shield shaped NRF (NATO Reaction Force) woven patch being worn on the arm of blue PCS, which was interesting as I didn't know RN personnel wore the patch, I've only ever seen it worn by foreign navies, I'm assuming i's similar to the enamel STANAFORLANT shield broach.

Regards
Tony