View Single Post
Old 18-09-20, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahannah View Post
So I have picked up a few more variants over the last few weeks. My favorite is the Silver Ludlow, as I was after one for so long. I also managed to spot a voided crown white metal Firmin, and the final Plastic Economy variant I was missing.
I have updated the display to only now have single examples of the different variants. I still have a few to go, but 20+ is not too shabby.

I will add pictures of the rest of my collection to my profile, but for this thread here are pictures of the Para Cap Badge display.
In my album are all my other frames.

SAS. Cap badges & Wings

RECCE Group. I have his Beret, AB64, pics, his knife which looks american, etc. many items not on display.

RM Commando Group. Letters, pics, his beret, belt, medals and many others, but not all displayed.

RIASC Indian Airborne officer. Nice group with many items, including his war diary. not all displayed. A stunning Indian Airborne wing, sadly not his but it is this type he wore as per the original pictures and original auction picture(someone decided to split the group sadly so I had to go find another)

Glider Frame. frame of badges

Airborne Frame. a mix of insignia/badges

Crusty collection. I really like well used items, I group these together.

I have a few other larger Parachute Regiment & Airborne frames, they are a mix of items as you will see. Some items have provenance, but most do not and are mixed up so I have to keep good account as not to mix the groups.

Berets You will see a really nice 1944 airborne beret with voided crown badge. And another 1943 airborne beret with a RECCE badge on the mannequin (this badge looks to be long term affixed to the beret looking at the imprint, etc. Both berets are WD marked 44.

Mannequin This is a mock up of an Airborne RECCE soldier. Its all genuine, and correct right down to the 1943 Ammo Boots and all of the insignia (the beret was mentioned above)

Take a look, any questions or close ups let me know. I have quite a bit more, but is not on display.