View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 04:15 PM

Hello, thanks for the interest

Yes, i have left a space for a 3rd Plastic economy cap badge, the one left is for a single hole and no strength bar to the crown if that makes sense.

The labels I get off ebay , they are metal engraved on black, and self adhesive. very cheap but the more you order the better it is.

I have a number of other frames with collections and will take pictures tomorrow.

As for variants, I am aware of the ones I have listed in the frame, and am still missing.

"P" Silver Plate
Ludlow Silver
Gaunt Hallmarked Silver
3rd Economy pattern as mentioned above

I bet I am still missing some, and would be happy to hear about others. You also have to consider the possible variations in the back, such as type of lug, width of Lug and positioning. Hence I have called out Flat Lug, Wide lugs etc as a variation. I used to have 3 of each in the frame but have worked down to 2 of each. If I find even more it may well be a frame full of single examples.

I have about 30 or so others, including a really nice mis-stamped example with flat D type lug. some are framed and tend to be the more crusty used ones which I much prefer, in this frame they tend to be lightly used at best. I will upload tomorrow.

My favorite is the Ludlow, I think it is a real quality badge, and much better looking than the Firmin. In addition I have a couple that have provenance, which is a real bonus.

I had tried to stop buying them, especially as I have quite a few, but alas I cannot resist a nice well used example.

Thanks
Paul