View Single Post
Old 30-01-11, 11:23 PM

Default My new RCR finds maker mark I.D. needed

Hi Everyone

I was happy to acquire some nice new (to me) pieces for my meager RCR collection which I wished to share. I have shown these to Mike (Regimental Rouge) who I show any finds I am wanting a second opinion on and he confirmed my first impressions and again give my thanks to him.

The following pieces as told to me part of the estate of Lt-Col J.A. Kaye who served with the Regiment from 1898 to 1920. He was a Lieut. with the Regiment in South Africa getting the QSA with four clasps.

The first item was a Infantry School Corps Officer collar white metal star with a gilded overlay. It was converted to a lapel pin.

Second is a 1894 pattern officers three piece badge which had the lugs removed and a pin added. Mike mentioned that officers had the pins added when in use with the Wolseley Helmet so not to put holes in the helmet.

Lastly is a three piece 1894 pattern lapel pin silver, gold, silver. i suspect the piece is Canadian made due to the lack of hallmarks the only one being the initials "BN" in a rectangle. The detail of this pin is excellent and anyone knowing the mark please let me know it would be nice to find out where it was made or sold.

Comments are welcome thanks for looking
Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02446.JPG (94.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02451.JPG (80.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02449.JPG (90.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02452.JPG (76.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02450.JPG (87.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02453.JPG (78.6 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by N.S. Regt.; 02-02-11 at 01:38 AM.