View Single Post
Old 26-07-13, 08:22 AM
Former Member

Perhaps Paul made an error in neglecting to mention that his badges would end up being for sale? I know it is in the rules, but my theory with rules in general are that they are there for the compliance of the foolish and for the guidance of the wise!

If Forum members end up with a few choice items, then no harm done?

What I find refreshing is a novice badge seller is at least doing his home work and IMO that is one of the many purposes of this Forum, if you have a problem helping someone sell genuine items then stay on the fence!

I have always tried to help as many buyers, sellers and collectors as I can...... A while ago a complete novice sought guidance via the Forums pages only to be berated for daring to offer reproduction items for sale!

Following some free and friendly advice via PM that inquirer returned the favour "Big Time" and thanks to him in no small measure SMM was created!

So my advice would be if you are happy to share what you know for the overall benefit of others or even their financial gain good on you! If you want to join the Grumpy Old Fart gang then that is your choice too, it is great living in a free society! And sometimes the Good Deed can be returned!

Andy