View Single Post
Old 08-10-18, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontecagnano View Post
It looks to be a good pattern. The only comment I would make is that it's an unusual colour. In your pics it looks like a very bright frosted silver. I have chromed examples but they don't look that bright. It doesn't look recently made from the slider though so an interesting variant and probably original.

I've attached pics of another Firmin silver plated Officers' example. This appears to have service wear, particularly on the lugs.

Also attached are pics of typical W/M lugged collars and an unusual bladed cap badge. This appears to be cast silver but has no mark. I'm not certain if it's original but one doesn't get many to the pound and I haven't seen any others that I can recall. If it's a good one, can someone date it please?

Many thanks,

Graham
Thank you very much for your reply Graham, and excellent badge pictures, a lovely collection.
Mine is definitely Wm, I've taken it in a different light, I'm very pleased its a good one, thanks all who have posted on this one for your time, its greatly appreciated.
Cheers

3dg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181008_214006306.jpg (44.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181008_214013520.jpg (42.9 KB, 23 views)