View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4966Ian View Post
Yes. . as Toby suggests, this is a small Officers' Mess Waiter's Button to the Connaught Rangers.

The button shown by Toby in his second post (QVC atop Harp surrounded by a large wreath of Shamrocks) is a Mess Waiter's Button to The Royal Irish Regiment.
Though this button went against the norm for Mess Waiter Buttons by being a 'closed' back design rather than the more normal open back (livery style) button.

Generally for the Mess Waiter buttons, the small buttons are circa 16-17mm, whilst the large buttons are circa 25-27mm.

I collect Officers Mess Waiter's buttons, so if anyone has any they want to sell, please let me know.

All the best

Ian
Thanks for posting Ian. Do you have a gallery in the forum? It would be great for forum members to be able to see the full range of designs. I was very interested to learn how similar the Royal Irish Regiment livery button device is to that of the Connaught Rangers. It shows once again how freely the Irish regiments moved between the two styles of harp on their insignia over a Century.

Last edited by Toby Purcell; 04-02-19 at 11:11 AM.