View Single Post
Old 29-01-14, 11:00 AM

Thanks Bob,

Your pictures add a lot to this story and the latest post reveals indeed further complexity but not so much that a chronology could not be established. There indeed needs to be exceptions to the rule but a rough guide would be helpful.

It would be good to have access to the Dress Regulations of the period to assist and then WO records as to sealed pattern dates if they exist for the cap stars.

Martin you were not to know but Lincolnshire Regiment badges are another of my family regiments I collect to. So below are Lincolnshire Officers cap stars for regular battalions in silver and gilt and TF and regular OSD. The TF badge has a blank plinth to the Sphinx as the TF battalion was not entitled to the Honour as has been discussed earlier in this thread for the Leicesters. Officers cap stars have enamel and velvet backs and were maintained with Royal Lincolnshire designation post 1946. A long lugged version of the collar star was worn in the side cap. I think that the cap stars had great bearing of the adoption of the East Anglian and Royal Anglian star type badges.

I have yet to date these precisely and so the common need for the Leicesters and Lincoln cap star records is apparent.

Many thanks Martin for illustrating the caps that these badges relate to.

Regards Dean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inf.24.f.jpg (58.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg inf.23 f2.jpg (50.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg inf.25.f.jpg (59.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg lin.52.f.jpg (117.9 KB, 5 views)