View Single Post
Old 17-08-11, 09:30 PM

Looking at the burrs around the voiding, it seems that they are quite deliberate. They are even all the way around and give a depth to the cypher. Viewed from the front, they look quite 'right'. I don't know if it is clear from the attached photo.

Gold braze too.

For interest, I have attached a photo of my cousin Tyrone, I was reminded of his existence a little while ago, he is stationed in Scotland now. He has also been promoted since then. I don't know why he was up in front of a firing squad, but he survived. I'm guessing this photo was taken in the late eighties or early nineties. Doesn't look the smartest corporal i have ever seen.

The badge he is wearing is the same as one he gave me as a child, in fact the first badge I ever had, its anodised bimetal and was attached to a camo baseball cap that was MOD marked, i remember a label. The cap was stolen by one of my old school friends.

The Medal he is wearing has 3 vertical stripes on the ribbon, blue or green/purple/blue or green?

Regards

Phil

Last edited by Phil2M; 06-07-14 at 12:56 PM.