View Single Post
Old 10-03-19, 09:22 AM

I just find different bits and pieces of militaria interesting, I don't collect "everything" but I tend to open and view all new posts on the forum albeit some fleetingly depending on whether the information that they give can be appreciated without my already having a deep knowledge of the subject.
Space is a problem, I'm currently moving dozens of fairly modern camo suits around temporary homes within the house, I find that stuffing them in every wardrobe and cupboard isn't appreciated and results in more threats of bonfires on the front lawn. Just carried a few armfuls from "study" (I can see the floor now) to a spare bedroom a few minutes ago. I think I got away with it.
A problem with that sort of collecting is that items get stashed away and left untouched in cupboards for years.
The trouble with bourbon is that it's er kind've something to collect.
Basic Jacky D or Jimmy B ok, they're up for slaughter but if it's something expensive or uncommon I've been given then it's a case of opening them with friends around the barbeque or firepit or Swedish fire log of an evening.

My well stocked combination bourbon bar work bench is testimony to my sad and lonely and yet at times exhilaratingly risk filled lifestyle.

Unfortunately I'm doing more "show" than "tell" with the headgear postings, not getting to the info in the books and notes to complement the images.