View Single Post
Old 09-04-12, 04:55 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by orasot View Post
I've been going through my 25th badges to do my next album & thought I'd tag this on the end of this thread. I have 4 that I've never been happy with, picked up from ebay over the years, all have a different finish & are lugged or slidered. I have noticed that they all have the same marks on them, these being horrible looking outlined jewels on the base of the crown, a flaw under the base of the 2 at the right hand end looking like a small length of out of place spoke & a flaw at the top of the letter L in CYCLISTS which looks like a small pennant flying to the left. I have 3 that I am happy with and none of these display any of these marks!! All 3 that I consider to be ok have sliders too. I've added pics to show these,plus a good one by Woodward for comparison, may be of interest to some, all the best,
Wilf.

Wilf,

Thanks for sharing these observations. I've checked my badges and seem to have two which display these faults, one with loops and the other with a slider.

Interestingly, another example I have with which I have never been entirely happy (non-voided crown) has none of the faults you list.

It's a funny ol' game, Saint!

Thanks again,

Peter.