View Single Post
Old 12-07-13, 12:57 AM

Default Deletion of non-posters!!

Gentlemen,
I would personally exercise caution in the deletion of non-posters. My rationale is as follows. I created and maintain a personal blog page which has been on line for approximately 2 1/2 years. For some inexplicable set of reasons the blog has been reasonably successful. I have had hits from all 50 of the United States, plus territories, and 148 nations, currently totaling in excess of 117,000 hits. Many of the pages of the blog are devoted to guidance in discerning genuine from fake militaria, specifically regimental cap badges and cloth insignia of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. Given all that activity the blog has seen only 34 comments. However, by analyzing the originating locations and subjects of interest (reinforcing same with follow-on articles), the blog seems to be maintaining interest level and growth. I would hate to see new collectors or potential collectors denied access (they have to register to even read articles in the forum), just because of lack of current personal knowledge, or intimidation by virtue of the abundance of expert opinions and in-depth discussions. This is only one person's opinion.
Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory