View Single Post
Old 12-07-13, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummajor View Post
I don't post very often either, but since I have retired I log in every day (when I am home).

I take a great interest in the posts on this forum, I am a former Scottish badge collector, I have given up collecting because of the many, many fakes that I have encountered along the way.

I now know a lot about fakes due to this very forum and the know how of the people who post.

Although I have given up on hat badges and helmet plates and collar badges, I still collect Scottish sweetheart badges, there isn't much on the forum about this subject, but I still keep looking.

Meanwhile I will continue to log in every day, and hope that I will be allowed to do so for a long time.

Drummajor
I personally am not suggesting a mass culling of Members and even people who have never posted on the forum would only need to register with the mods that they are still interested.
I think that from what I can read into the medal forums reasoning behind these deletions, is that those members who joined a long time ago and have never posted or said they still had an interest in that particular forum even after warnings that such culling was to take place,only then were they removed from the lists.
I think I should say that I am not for one second suggesting that the British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum should follow suit with the medal forum,I just thought it would be interesting to see what members thought about this idea.