View Single Post
Old 26-10-13, 09:42 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
I was told that 1st and 2nd was not popular among officers who chose to wear thier own badge of first or second from which they came and the subtitle was soon omitted, the badge was officers only and most likely junior officers joining after the time of amalgamation.
I know of only one other person to have had one and the one that i own was only the second he had seen in 38 years of dealing.

Andy.
Andy,
I kind of understand you not wanting to share an image of the badge you own, well sorry not really I don't ?.. why if you believe you have a good one would you not want to share it in this Forum????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

6 badges seems rather an unlikely number, and if as you say they were "officer only", then they'd probably be of an OSD finish?

My point of starting this thread was, that having been fortunate enough to amass a collection of several thousand cap badges, I hoped that someone would be forthcoming with an nice example, this particular badge still eludes me and unlike others such as the officers Guards Machine Gun Regiment Forage Cap badge, I have at least seen credible images of badges to confirm they do exist! I'm sorry but so close to Christmas, I feel just like Santa this is something that only exists in the fantasy realm?

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 26-10-13 at 10:21 PM.