View Single Post
Old 06-12-09, 06:34 PM

You guys have sharp eyes!

Keep in mind, I am just a small-time collector. I am not trying to necessarily date-match everything. I just thought I would put some stuff together for some cool pictures.

I appreciate the feedback on the rank chevrons. These were sold to me as WW2 correct. If they are indeed post-war, it is easy enough to remove them. I do want the badging on the tunic to be correct. Off they come (until I find a correct pair)!

The cup is indeed post war (1952). I am not willing to pay the prices the WW2 dated cups command.

The water bottle carrier is dated 1943, but there is no date on the water bottle. Again - good enough for me.

The entrenching tool has 2 dates. The steel head is dated 1944 and the shaft is dated 1945. Both wartime dated, so I am happy to have them as part of my collection. The E-tool is displayed on a shelf seperate from my tunic, so it doesn't really bother me if it is "late war".

In any case, thanks for all the input. My main concern here was getting the battle dress set up properly. Your help with the titles and chevrons is appreciated!