View Single Post
Old 29-03-20, 02:30 AM

This is an excellent thread and I always enjoy seeing what others collect and especially pictures of how they display them.

After downsizing our home, my collecting space is more limited, so I no longer go for uniforms or much in headgear, but an interesting item of the latter would be nice - like a WW2 ATS side cap!!!. here's my study today - uniforms save two are costumes.

After disposing of my WW2 US airborne collection, I picked up a few Napoleonic wars pieces, with my prized piece, being a French shako plate from Bautzen and a 2nd KGL LI button. But it just got too dear for me so for awhile, I didn't collect much at all. I have started again with special interest in the British Home Front - and more specifically the LDV/Home Guard and equally as desirable are FANY items and ATS items. I mostly collect cap badges and cloth patches now. At some point I want to add to my WLA buits and add some WVS pieces, btu they will have to wait for awhile because when one is retired the funds are way more limited!!!!.

Oh, as I also do cowboy action shooting I have picked up a few old west bits too, with the prize for me being a piece of original adobe from the OK Corral. Got it directly from the owner when he did some renovation work. Also got a blank used in the movie Tombstone from the man who supplied all of the guns and gear. Lily the Wonder Horse was borrowed for the picture, but if i could have a horse I would have loved her as she wa sa real sweet baby!!!

Terry