View Single Post
Old 19-03-10, 05:57 AM

Smile Yet another Australian

thanks for the suggestion re the Royal North Devon Yeomanry. I googled them and found that in 1920 they were amalgamated with another Devon Yeomanry Regiment and became an artillery unit, with 18pounder guns. As my Dad did not join till the mid to late 1920s and I do know it was a mounted unit then I think perhaps that is not the correct unit for him. I would welcome any other suggestions though, I have been trying to get some information from the Household Cavalry archives people, still waiting for them to reply, and hoping they will confirm the suggestion that the badge is 1st (Royal) Dragoons, then I can seek somewhere or some body who may have nominal rolls of the Regiment from the period my Dad served, because without obtaining an Army number I can take my search no further, as British Archives advise they cannot even commence a search for his military record without an army number - so I am at a dead end at present, waiting, waiting, but as I have been trying to track this for some years before I found the Badge forum, I have the patience, but the members of the forum have been the most helpful to date, the other suggestions I have been given from many other places were about as useful as a hip pocket on a pair of underpants.