View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 10:23 PM

Some Out dated and some latest info on VAT. I bought my first R.A.Artillery helmet plate from Stephen Bodley when he ran a stall at Camden Passage London (UK) many years ago. I showed him my Passport and luckily had my plane tickets with me. He signed my receipt and added “This item to leave the country on ****** (date) thus saving me the VAT. In later years I’ve bought items in UK and applied for the VAT at the departure terminal (you’ll need time as it’s like looking for rocking horse poop to find the office) or you could bring the completed form back to Canada and get the appropriate amount in Canadian funds. It’s a long process!. Likewise, I know of one Western Canada dealer who states in their site, “tax to be added for Canadian residents”. Presuming that if you live outside Canada, you’ll not pay the added tax. I’m sure we’ve all seen the dealers in the UK who ship via Global Shipping. Which company graciously includes the taxes on your item in the shipping costs! Meanwhile, the cost of the item is not up to the value where taxes must be paid!.... It’s a scary world out there!