View Single Post
Old 02-12-22, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfrench View Post
Hi David
Yes 1887 is incorrect and 1884 is the correct date. Thank you for your kind remarks ref museum website which we have recently completely overhauled. If you send me your email address, I will be happy to assist. By the way did you obtain an O/Rs or officers' pattern helmet. If the latter, I wonder if it came from the estate of the late RD Black?

Regards
Andrew
Hello Andrew,

Please check your "Private Messages", I sent you a private message yesterday with my personal email address. Any information you can share about either the black japanned or white metal helmet would be most appreciated!

The helmet is a trooper/other ranks helmet... would be thrilled to have an officer's pattern helmet in my collection but this helmet is a very welcome addition. I am not sure if this helmet is from the estate of Mr. Black, however the person I purchased the helmet from said that he had purchased it from the family of the original owner who lives in West Byfleet. Apparently, again, the person I purchased the helmet from has been in contact with you researching the helmets provenance and with your assistance narrowed original ownership down to two possible owners based on genealogy, either Trooper James Allen Jones or Trooper George Vaughn. My understanding is that the helmet, prior to my purchase was acquired from a relative on the Vaughn side of the family. I hope that's not to convoluted!

Again, please check your private messages for my personal email address.

Very best regards,

David