View Single Post
Old 02-12-10, 06:00 PM

Hello Brent,

I followed up with research on Egyptian hallmarks as i believe it is an important part of this badge.If some of the information is incorrect then i will have to blame the sources(which you have correctly identified as being interenet based)

#I'm a litlte behind the eight ball as i do not have as a copy of Brendon O'Carroll's ''Kiwi Scorpions" ,but i'm confident their will be one under the Christmas tree.I have seen that part with the write up on the LRP badge where he makes the assumption that there are un-hallmarked badges.

# Still working on getting detailed photo's of Hallmark on LRP badge.

#Now ,their are sections of the NZ badge collecting community that are adamant that the unhallmarked LRP badges are fake ,and their our others that believe that they are genuine.I myself have a neutral stance at this moment untill someone can conclusively prove one way or the the other,i have no vested interests either way,and remain open minded on the outcome,and the reason i started this thread is to vacilitate on outcome on this debate.

#If unhallmarked badges have providence,i.e they have come from the LRP members themselves or estates ,then this must prove that they did exsist.I wonder if Brendon O'Carroll made his assumption on this fact.

# While i have only seen a small selection of hallmarked/unhallmarked LRP badges ,my observations apart from the obvious lack of hallmark ,the brooch pin catch on the unhallmarked badge is different.

cheers iain