View Single Post
Old 11-05-20, 07:30 PM

Thanks Alan. Extremely informative. I certainly had no idea that the coloured stripes (bendlets - new heraldic word for me!) were connected to leading Jesuit families, though of course I assumed Ignatius was a Catholic School.

I hope you hear back from the old boys association, but I think you may have cracked some of it.

So here's a very tentative conclusion on my part from your posts:

Evidence of three different coloured stripes on the same design of badge shown in post 1:
1. Green/Gold – St Ignatius
2. Red/Gold – Loyola
3. Green/Red – Unknown but KK states also St Ignatius (KK2672)

My badge with the green/gold stripes I conclude is St Ignatius. The badge design was changed at some point around the time of the formation of the CCF to include the helm (KK2673), but the colours remain green/gold.

Unfortunately, there is no evidence, except the KK descriptions, that either the original or redesigned badge were worn by the JTC/CCF and until we hear to the contrary from the ‘old boys’ are school badges.

I’m going to stick my neck out and also conclude that the badge as post 1 but with green/red bendlets and described by KK as KK2672 St Ignatius, could be from a completely different Jesuit school as there would be no reason for St Ignatius to change the colours during redesign if those colours represented a particular leading Jesuit family associated with the school.

Ummm!
Mark