View Single Post
Old 17-02-14, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathenunns View Post
Vigilans in regards to your post (#9) my two questions were very pertinent, after all it was you who provided the attached link in that post, which as I correctly pointed out shows no links to the Australian Ebay seller.
The latest link you have provided does however show a connection to the New Zealand Trade Me seller, so finally you are starting to make sense, albeit in a roundabout way.....

As I have already mentioned, until proof of Stokes made shoulder numerals being worn by NZ Reinforcements can be produced they should be treated by kiwi collectors as Australian badges and not as New Zealand badges.
Don't split hairs Atilla, just admit you made an error, the badges all came out of NZ Trademe, and were bought and re sold on ebay...big deal! Didn't you read my last post #17 and #18...I suggest you re read them so the information sinks in.......
THEY ARE NOT AUSTRALIAN SLOUCH HAT NUMERALS......OK
As I said........Whether they are NZ or not...I don't really care; but they are NOT Australian Slouch hat numerals, (the point I have been trying to make) they are too small (at 13mm) and the soldered bars are not correct.
Our slouch hat numerals are numbered from 1 to 92/93.
The largest number of the two bar (NZ Stokes) type in question I have seen is 50, and they come in pairs which leads me to believe they are meant for use on either the epaulette or collar.
Australians wore one numeral on the slouch hat.
[/I]

It is interesting to note that you represent the NZ collecting fraternity:
As I have already mentioned, until proof of Stokes made shoulder numerals being worn by NZ Reinforcements can be produced they should be treated by kiwi collectors as Australian badges and not as New Zealand badges
Obviously you are the expert...as I said previously I don’t care, so stop getting all hot and sweaty, have a cup of tea, take a pill, and have a good lie down.....jeeeez

Last edited by vigilans; 17-02-14 at 09:13 AM.