View Single Post
Old 17-02-14, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathenunns View Post
Vigilans we can all agree the shoulder titles in question were made in Australia.

However I question where is your proof that the badges sold on Ebay originally came from Trade Me New Zealand??????

So far no New Zealand Reinforcement badge collectors have agreed with your theory that the Stokes made badges in question are New Zealand Reinforcement badges, so I ask, what proof do you have to back your claims???????

I have checked the link you have provided for the New Zealand Trade Me seller and see the seller has describes them as. — “WW1 regiment a pair of number 21” & “Stokes & sons”
It is interesting to note that the New Zealand seller does not describe them as New Zealand Reinforcement badges.

It is also interesting to note that when I checked the New Zealand sellers ‘Auction feedback’ I found that the majority of the Stokes made shoulder numerals were sold to New Zealand badge collectors as I recognise their user IDs which adds weight that the badges sold on Ebay did not come from the Trade Me seller that you have provided a link for.
Hi Atilla...not sure I like the tone of your post? You are quite wrong in regards to some things you "assume", I think some evidence to back up your accusations may be in order 'Old Boy’.
Here's the buyer and fellow forum member who on-sold these numerals on eBay:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Fee...?member=546592
Brad aka shedfinds and a plethora of other aliases that I will not mention in this post, but a number of people on this forum know them...........

Whether they are NZ or not...I don't really care; but they are NOT Australian Slouch hat numerals, (the point I have been trying to make) they are too small (at 13mm) and the soldered bars are not correct.
Our slouch hat numerals are numbered from 1 to 92/93.
The largest number of the two bar (NZ Stokes) type in question I have seen is 50, and they come in pairs which leads me to believe they are meant for use on either the epaulette or collar.
Australians wore one numeral on the slouch hat.

Strange that all these numerals have come out of New Zealand....why?
Because for some reason and for some purpose they were sent there from Australia, reinforcement numerals? Maybe, some other type of military or civil use...don’t know/care.

I have obviously made the mistake of describing them as reinforcement numerals but I still think that’s what they are, and you know what Atilla....I’m happy with that presumption!!!!
Make up your own mind......I'm over it...

See attached image from the Grey collection in South Australia note the Slouch Hat numerals!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1910 to 1930 Grey collection.jpg (75.9 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by vigilans; 17-02-14 at 05:31 AM.