View Single Post
Old 26-08-08, 05:19 PM

Chris, The vast majority of Other Rank Horse Gunners (if not all!) wear a Collar badge in our beret's. I never wore a slidered beret badge nor knew anyone else who did. The AA one is disgarded and a White metal version is worn as befits the Regiment at the Right of the line!
Jerry is right A Large RA Gun badge is worn on the Cap by all non Airborne RHA Soldiers.

Jerry, We donkey Wallopers don't really get upset at the Royal Cypher being incorrectly called anything, or the old falsehood chestnuts about the yellow in our belts or the white lanyard... water off a ducks back.

True about the bite Alan! We all know a HAT is a 'craphat' or anyone not entitled to wearing a Maroon Machine [that especially includes anyone who wears one without doing P Company (or Glider training for you real Old and Bold!) TALO just doesn't cut it!]

However the biggest bite comes from the misuse of the regiments title. It is correctly: The DRA, CRA and Even our Captain General Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll calls us correctly 7th Parachute Regiment Royal Horse Artillery. 7 PARA RHA in abreviation.
Even our Batterys are 'F * (Sphinx), G * (Mercer's Troop), I * (Bull's Troop) or H * (Ramsey's Troop) [* being] Parachute Battery Royal Horse Artillery.

Notice NO brackets around the word Parachute. Also not 7 RHA not 7th Regiment RHA. It happens all the time on other sites as well, and may just be a wind up or ignorance. Either way it is wrong and it really winds me up! I've told you now so no excuse!

Last edited by tynesideirish; 27-08-08 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Correcting Mistake pointed out in post 8!