View Single Post
Old 15-01-21, 04:53 PM

G'day Dave,

Interesting topic and glad you are recovering from Covid.

To answer your question about sharing / passing on knowledge, and I know this sounds simplistic, but the forum is the means by which I ensure my knowledge / experience is not lost should anything happen to me.

To amplify the above, I try to answer posts that fall into my area of interest and always try to be as accurate as possible. That's not to say I'm always right but by adding to a thread discussion a consensus is usually formed that guides future collectors when searching the forum.

In my own experience, I have used the forum on hundreds of occasions to confirm the originality of a piece and to also ask more experienced collectors for assistance.

The album section is also a great way to preserve and pass on your knowledge and there are some fantastic albums available from collectors who have sadly passed on.

Now another completely different topic is how your collection will be disposed of should you pass away unexpectedly. My long haired General has no idea what she's going to do with it all so I'm trying to put some clear instructions, including values, to be followed should the unexpected occur, but i fear it may all be put in boxes and given away!

Good collecting and enjoy every day.

Paul