View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 07:11 PM

You may find this this thread of some relevance and use:
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=76213

Clearly Norman Litchfield had badges from this die in his collection and I believe it may even have been pictured in his book.

I have a developed what is likely to controversial theory about these WM Third Middlesex R.G.A. Volunteers badges… they’re all old fakes.

I’m reliably informed by Simon (Manchesters) that the Warwickshire R.H.A. was an officers only TF Arty cap badge. Now I’m of the growing opinion that the Third Middx R.G.A. and West Riding R.H.A. can be added to this list.

The officers Third Middx badge I’ve seen in bronze is not from the same die as these WM badges.

One day when time permits I’ll get around to posting my observations on these Third Middx and the West Ridings that Litchfield pictured, their similarities also with a spurious RA Volunteers badge.

But in a nutshell the WM and GM versions respectively of both badges are all shades of grey in terms of how poor the reverse impression and voiding is.

When this duo is compared to the genuine First Hants, Fifth London and W. Riding they just do not stand up in terms of quality.

Probably should put my tin hat on for suggesting Litchfield may have got these wrong.