View Single Post
Old 25-02-09, 05:49 PM

Hi Jeanpit

Many thanks for your posting, I’m glad to hear that at least you think the badge I bought stands a good chance of being from the Great War.

I don’t think I’ll venture into buying shoulder titles and collar badges just yet, as I think there’s more than enough to keep me going with cap badges! My dearest beloved has also expressed concern on the financial side of things with regard to my new ‘hobby’, and to be honest the above badge cost me somewhat more that I was hoping to pay for it. Having said that at least it wasn’t as expensive as another genuine early Leicestershire badge I was watching, which went for almost £46.00 the other day!

Anyway, talking of authentic badges, here’s another photograph to compare with yours and mine that was kindly forwarded to me the other week:

This one is of a badge that was apparently dug up in recent years on the Loos Battlefield. If I’m not mistaken this is again the exact same pattern, and so I would hope helps to add a little more weight to mine also being an authentic badge from the period? I’d still be very interested in any opinions Forum members have on this, and indeed on any of the above badges.

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 20-06-09 at 01:35 PM.