View Single Post
Old 24-02-09, 07:19 PM

I have been meaning to post up this badge for a week or so now, after Wardog kindly put me on to it and much to my surprised I actually managed to get it!:

I’m pretty confident it is a genuine First World War Leicestershire badge, and it does look to be a pretty close match for the one Jeanpit attached to his post on this thread back in January (post #2). I trust he won’t mind me re-posting those pictures here, so as to give a direct comparison with the one I’ve bought:

As Paul (Wardog) pointed out when he told me about the badge, it isn’t quite a dead ringer for Jeanpit’s one, but it is extremely similar. Although the angle of Jeanpit’s pictures don’t show it that well, I believe mine to be the same style/design of Tiger, and I think the braze holes are more or less the same. But I’ll admit that the slider is a slightly different shape. I’m still happy that mine is also from the Great War, as Jeanpit’s would seem to be - given that his grandfather apparently collected this and his other badges from the soldiers at the time. Having said all of that, as always I’d appreciate any comments or views from Forum members.

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 20-06-09 at 01:35 PM.